Wednesday 14 October 2015

EMMA WATSON AND BRADLEY COOPER PRAISE JENNIFER LAWRENCE'S LETTER ABOUT THE GENDER PAY GAP

jennifer lawrence at Comic Con
Following Jennifer Lawrence's absolutely kick ass open letter about Hollywood's gender pay gap, her costars and fellow celebrities have spoken out and praised her for making a stand.
ICYMI, Jennifer wrote an essay for Lena Dunham's email newsletter, Lenny, and revealed the extend to which females are paid less in the acting industry. She commented on how she's previously shied away from making a fuss about it because she was worried about what other's thought, but that now she is is 'over trying to find the 'adorable' way to state her opinion.
She explained:
"When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn't get mad at Sony. I got mad at myself. I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early. I didn't want to keep fighting over millions of dollars that, frankly, due to two franchises, I don't need. (I told you it wasn't relatable, don't hate me).
"But if I'm honest with myself, I would be lying if I didn't say there was an element of wanting to be liked that influenced my decision to close the deal without a real fight. I didn't want to seem "difficult" or "spoiled." At the time, that seemed like a fine idea, until I saw the payroll on the Internet and realised every man I was working with definitely didn't worry about being "difficult" or "spoiled."
You can read her full essay here, just as Emma Watson, Bradley Cooper and other famous types have done and since praised J-Law for.
Jennifer Lawrence at Comic Con
Taking to twitter to show her support, Emma Watson wrote: "O Jennifer Lawrence I love you so. X", whilst Elizabeth Banks wrote: "I love Jennifer Lawrence." and Jessica Chastain shared: "Yesssssssss! Get it girl xx".
As for Bradley Cooper, who was Jen's costar in American Hustle when the Sony hacking scandalhappened, has supported her for speaking out and making a stand, adding that Sienna Miller - who starred alongside him in American Sniper - has also done the same.
Emma Watson supporting Jennifer Lawrence
"If you think that you only deserve a certain amount and that's not correct," He started. "It's about changing that mindset and sticking up for yourself the way that Sienna did. So that's a great thing.
"There's a double standard in the whole world, yeah, for sure. This is just one aspect. Anytime there's a place where a voice can come out and be outspoken – something Sienna did, or Jennifer – that's great … I think it is making a difference."
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence
HOORAY FOR ALL THESE GREAT FAMOUS TYPES USING THEIR FAME TO ACHIEVE EQUALITY.
So, how kickass is Jennifer Lawrence? Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment